Shapr3D is a super ambitious company, aiming to revolutionize the computer aided design (CAD) industry and to build a globally successful product. We are backed by top European investors including Point9 Capital (Revolut, Zendesk) and Creandum (Spotify). Shapr3D is a flagship app on iPad Pro, regularly getting featured by Apple. But what we’re most proud of is the love we receive from our global user base every day.
We are looking for engineering managers with a strong technical background to lead and grow a team of engineers, guiding them to find simple solutions to complex problems.
Our tech stack:
- Our engine is written in standard C++14
- Our UI code is 100% Swift
- Our renderer is written in OpenGL (but we are switching to Metal soon)
- Highly distributed micro-services running on native AWS written in GO
What you will do
- Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and performance reviews
- Support your team in setting and following the operational processes, engineering principles and standards.
- Partner with product managers to define the roadmap and deliver new features that will deliver value to our users
- Guide your team in the design and development of high quality mobile product while inputting technically as an engineer in your own right
We are a team of agile, multidisciplinary developers. Many of us have worked on products from the beginning that scaled from 0 to tens of millions of users (Prezi, LogMeIn, join.me).
The way we work
Our office is located in the heart of Budapest, next to Deak Ferenc square. As we are a startup, with big ambitions, we are working very hard, but we are also making sure that nobody burns out. We respect your personal life and free time.
Since Shapr3D is a very young product, we do a lot of experimenting, and 70% of the job is feature development. We appreciate creative minds, who not only write code, but have a strong product mindset.
Skills & Requirements
- Previous job experience as a software engineering manager or development lead for a mobile product
- Experience in managing and developing high-performing engineers
- Deep understanding of building and shipping apps at scale
- Collaborative and experimental approach to solving complex problems
- With overall responsibility for the technical direction and development of your teams - people management
- proven track record in building high quality products
- humble and hard-working attitude
- ability to coach your colleagues
What we offer?
- Leadership autonomy and growth development of your teams
- Zero bullshit and trusting culture
- An opportunity to influence strategic directions and teams across the business
- Stock options
- Great location
- A smart and talented team
- World-class software engineering
- Exciting new problems every day
- You will work on a product that our users love
- A hard working, but flexible work environment
- An honest, and transparent company culture.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.